Monday, July 27, 2009

Update

Here is the latest and greatest on baby Sully: I went in for monitoring on Thursday and the baby looked great, but I was having minor contractions the whole time. I could sort of feel them, but barely (they described it as an irritable uterus). Even though they weren't very strong, they sent me over to labor and delivery just to be safe. I got some test done (can't remember what it's called), but they can basically see with 99% accuracy if you will go into labor in the next 2 weeks. Mine came back negative, so I'm not going into labor! They also checked my cervix and it is still closed.

Today we got to go back for monitoring and I was having contractions again. This time I could not feel them at all. They ruled out dehydration, so I'm not sure why I'm getting them. Once again, the baby looked great and was moving around like crazy.... We even saw the baby working on its breathing during the ultrasound. After the monitoring, we had to wait around for the labwork to get back (Mondays are long) and the good news is that my protein levels only went up slightly from last week. My bloodwork looked fine, so they let me go home. My bedrest didn't really change, but they told me I have to get a wheelchair when I go to the hospital from now on so I don't get to walk as much. Oh well. Stay in there baby!

I'll be back at the hospital tomorrow for my weekly appointment with the doctor. Oh, and the good news is that I will most likely be able to start working part-time from home until the baby comes. I got a call from my manager with the offer and I jumped on it! Less boredom and a little bit of income will help! Just need to get approval from my doctor tomorrow and they didn't think it would be a problem.

We're almost to 34 weeks, so I'm just trying to hang in there. Bob will deserve a husband of the year award once this bedrest is over :)

1 comment: