Friday, July 17, 2009

Bed Rest :(

Well, I have officially completed my first 24 hours of bed rest. Not very fun, but it could be worse. Yesterday I went in for my regular appointment and my blood pressure would not go down. So, they sent me over to Ft Carson labor and delivery to get monitored. Everything looks great with the baby, but my blood pressure would not come down enough for them, so I am on bed rest! Seriously? I went from working out with no complications to this. I have 3 appointments next week so pray that my blood pressure goes down so they can take me off of bed rest. I was not ready to leave work yet and I was certainly not ready to be confined to the couch all day!

I'm using Bob's work laptop right now, but we're hoping we can get one of our old laptops to work so I can at least play online all day to pass the time. At least this happened at 32 weeks and not earlier! The worst part of it all is that I spent my last day of freedom confined to the bed with a cold or sinus infection.... If I would have known this was coming I would have sucked it up and gone to work.... I'll be sure to keep you all posted after my appointment on Monday. I really hope I have good news, but the midwife did not seem too optimistic that I would be coming off bed rest until the baby is here.

2 comments:

  1. We are thinking of you and hope that you have good luck with your appointments. In the meantime, try and relax. Nana S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel, knowing you and how active you are I know this can't be fun. I really hope they let you off bed rest soon if at all. If they don't, make sure you eat lots of ice cream and relax -- it's all going to be over very soon! I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete