Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Passed!

Many of you know about my fear of needles, so when I found out that I did not pass the 1 hour glucose test, I was mortified. Yesterday I had to go in for the 3 hour glucose test. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Luckily, I got someone who was really good at finding my veins and I only had 1 extra poke for a total of 5 blood draws (normally, I leave with bruised arms and several stab wounds). The good news is that I passed the 3 hour test and will not have to poke my fingers every day! Hurray!! I can't believe I'm saying this, but yesterday may have helped me get over my fear of needles....just a little bit.

In other news, my doctor said I was measuring perfectly at my visit last week and I still only have to go to the doctor every 4 weeks. I have started the kick counts (you are supposed to get 10 kicks within a 2 hour period). Well, at mass last week I decided to keep on counting and I got around 100 kicks within an hour. I guess the baby likes the music :) I'll post more pics later....my belly is growing every day!

1 comment:

  1. It is so much fun reading your blog. It is a first for this set of grandparents. Glad you are feeling good. You both look terrific.
    Love Mom and Dad S

    ReplyDelete