Sunday, November 8, 2009

Stay-At-Home Mommy

That's right, I'm officially a stay-at-home mommy. When I first found out I was pregnant I knew it would be hard to go back to work. After Erin was born, I realized it would be even more difficult than I thought. I was enjoying her way too much and I knew it would be hard to trust someone else to take care of her and give her all the attention she deserves.

After a few short weeks, I saw how quickly she was changing and how much I was influencing her. That is when I knew going back to work full time would be impossible. After much debating, crying and stressing, I finally made the decision not to go back. I am soooo lucky to have a husband who supports my decision and tells me I should not feel guilty for wanting to stay home. It was tough for me to let my job go just like that, but I knew it was the decision I had to make. I will miss all of the people I worked with and was so impressed by how much they understood and supported my decision.

Now I am lucky enough to hang out with Erin every day. I got to see her first smile a few weeks ago and now I know I won't miss out on her other "firsts". Even though I feel guilty at times for not making money, I know that I will NOT regret my decision. Erin deserves to have my full attention and I know I will not be able to get back this precious time with her. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all my family and friends who helped me make this difficult decision!

4 comments:

  1. Rachel and Bob,
    I am sure that you both agonized over the decision, but I am also sure that it was the right one. Rachel will no doubt miss work, but Erin is a blessing to you both and Rachel being able to stay home with her with Bob's support will be a blessing for her growing up. There will be lots of chances to work, but only one chance to be with Erin.
    Love,
    Grandpa Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,

    Thank you for deciding to stay home with Erin. I know I won't regret your decision either.

    Love.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love Bob! Yay for stay at home mommies....especially stay at home Rachel's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel and Bob,
    There is no way you can regret that decision.
    Erin is too precious to leave to someone else. Enjoy every minute because time really passes quickly. We are proud of you both and are happy to know the plan. We love you, kisses to Erin.
    Love Nana and Pops

    ReplyDelete